Wisconsin TechConnect is a statewide online employment information system for recruiting Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) students and graduates for all types of employment. Wisconsin TechConnect is a collaborative effort of Wisconsin’s 16 technical colleges. The Site is operated and funded by the Wisconsin TechConnect Consortium of the WTCS schools.
Please refer to the User Agreement for more information.
How the System Works:
Job Seekers (Students or Alumni):
Wisconsin TechConnect matches job openings with students and alumni by using:
- the program of the job seeker
- desired job location
- chosen job type – full time, part time, internship of the job seeker
- puts student/alumnus résumé in front of the employer
For Employers (Who Post Positions on Wisconsin TechConnect):
Your job posting:
- is available to only students and graduates of the Wisconsin Technical College System
- is a “single entry” state wide access; post a job and within 48 hours it can be viewed by all technical college students
- is directly emailed to job seekers who match program/skills criteria
- allows accessibility to student/alumni résumés – within 48 hours of posting your job, go back to www.wisconsintechconnect.com, sign in, and review the résumés that have been matched to your job posting
The Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) provides citizens with comprehensive technical and adult education in more than 300 career areas. There are 49 campuses in 16 technical college districts awarding two-year associate degrees, one and two-year technical diplomas and short-term technical diplomas. The colleges also provide basic education to adequately prepare citizens who would not otherwise be able to enter college. Established more than 100 years ago, the System is the major provider of customized training and technical assistance to Wisconsin’s business and industry community. Approximately 370,000 Wisconsinites enroll in technical colleges each year, and more than 34,000 of WTCS students are building on their four-year degrees. The median salary for all newly hired technical college graduates is more than $31,000 and the median salary for newly hired associate degree holders is nearly $36,000. Even in a difficult economy, the placement rate for WTCS graduates is 88%, while 97% of WTCS graduates say they are satisfied or very satisfied with their education.